It is a military custom that when not in use, the American flag should be folded into a triangular shape.This custom is recognized and adhered to all over the country although there is no provision in the Flag Code with regard to the proper flag folding.To properly fold the flag:
1. Begin by holding it waist-high with another person so that its surface is parallel to the ground.
2. Fold the lower half of the stripe section lengthwise over the field of stars, holding the bottom and top edges securely.
3. Fold the flag again lengthwise with the blue field on the outside.
4. Make a rectangular fold then a triangular fold by bringing the striped corner of the folded edge to meet the open top edge of the flag. Starting the fold from the left side over to the right
5. Turn the outer end point inward, parallel to the open edge, to form a second triangle.
6. The triangular folding is continued until the entire length of the flag is folded in this manner (usually thirteen triangular folds, as shown at right). On the final fold, any remnant that does not neatly fold into a triangle (or in the case of exactly even folds, the last triangle) is tucked into the previous fold.
7. When the flag is completely folded, only a triangular blue field of stars should be visible.
It is recommended that the flags are stored in proper flag cases especially those with regard to memorial and interment.The flags are displayed more prominently and at the same time, it is fully protected and preserved inside their respective flag cases.
Protect Your Flag with Flag Memorial Cases
Life changes usually frighten people because they do not want to start a new life or they are probably too old for one. Apart from that, they are not willing to give up the comfortable life, good position at work, lifestyle and of course, the friends that they have gained through time. Although even if a good life ahead is guaranteed if they move, they still would want to reconsider because it will be like starting all over again, friendship, relationship, a new environment – stuff made only for the able and young.
However, to those people who have been orphaned by their loved ones because of death, what are left are mementos of what life has been. That is why most of us tend to carry memorabilia to remember the person by, as well as to remind us of his struggles, laughter and loves. Others who perished in the line of duty and served the country as a soldier or a government official are given flags that are handed to the wife and children. Considering the symbolism that the flag carries, it is essential for the grieving family to take good care of it and ensure that it would last a lifetime since it will remind them and the generations after of the great sacrifice that their loved one has done for their family and the country.
Storing it in a box or a bag would not help protect the flag, but it must be placed inside a flag memorial case, this is appropriate because it has been made specifically for the purpose. And rest assured then that when the flag is taken out of the case, the physical condition of the flag remains the same at the time it was first placed inside - preservation is guaranteed.
Memorial Markers a Tribute
All people have attachments in life. It may be a person whom he loves and cares for dearly or it could be an occupation which he has to leave. Regardless of the type of attachments we have in this life, one thing is sure, we share the same fondness, or affection and it would be very difficult for us to let go.
Observe how office workers react whenever their boss is up for retirement. Some would cry; others would reminisce over the good times that they have shared with him; even others would ask their boss if he could still prolong his stay in the office for even a day or two. But of course, there’s nothing any of them could do because he has to follow the predestined rules. And so these office workers plan for a farewell party to show their gratitude over the years that he has spent with them. Normally on this kind of party, gifts would be given to the boss to serve as a reminder of the people that would be left behind. Some of the most common gifts include shirts, mugs, caps and pens.well wishers would even decorate the party with colorful message flags to express their honor.
However, persons who have passed who have served his or her country as a fireman, soldier or police officer have memorial markers by the institution they served so proudly for are placed by their grave side to recognize them . A memorial marker is given to show gratitude over the services given by the person for all these years. Family members of persons given a memorial marker will forever treasure the gift because this will serve, as reminder of his exemplary service.
Read what past customers had to say about about NorthStar Flags