Custom flags made from our Jet-Flo Printing allows you to be as creative as you want and at the same time use as many colors as you desire for the same price. In comparison, pricing for screen printed custom flags are determined by the amount of colors you have so printing 5 colors will be more expensive than 1. Jet-Flo Printing eliminates that totally. 1 color costs as much as 8,000 colors . Also with Jet-Flo Printing you are able to achieve gradients (fading of colors) with no problem. Since we have 1 of only 2 machines in the US that prints this type of Jet-Flo Printing your guaranteed a superior flag with an amazing image!
Excellent for both indoor & outdoor use, the material we use is exclusive to NorthStar and is a 250 Denier Polynex ( It is the best & most durable material available on the market for this process). The eco-friendly ink used to create your flag has UV inhibitors to make sure your colors last. The ink is directly printed onto the flag with a dispersed dye ink system which allows for full penetration of color while allowing a show thru of the reverse image on the back at 70 to 90%, depending on the color. Darker colors will show thru more than lighter colors. The ink is then heat set at 400 degrees to lock in the vibrancy of the colors. The result is the finest custom flag around!
The great thing about these custom printed Dye-Sublimation Custom Flags are they allow you to be as creative as you want and at the same time use as many or as little colors as you desire for the same price. In comparison, pricing for screen printed custom flags are determined by the amount of colors you have so printing 5 colors will be more expensive than 1. Dye-Sublimation eliminates that totally. 8000 colors costs as much as 1 color . Also with Dye-Sublimation you are able to achieve gradients (fading of colors) with no problem. Since we use 1 of only 50 machines in the entire world that prints this type of Dye-Sublimation we can literally duplicate almost any image!
Excellent for both outdoor & indoor applications, the materials we use are Dacron, Poly Poplin, Poly Duck & Satin- (indoor use only). These materials are the best & most durable substrates available on the market today for this process. The material starts out white and then your image is heat set into one side using only the highest quality eco-friendly UV protected inks.This process transforms the white Dacron into the colors of your design. Since the transfer is only put on one side, you have a show thru of the reverse image on the back at about 60% . On a double-sided flag or banner the full image appears on both sides.
Appliqué flags and banners reflect the truly fine craftsmanship available from NorthStar. These designs require extensive seamstress work in producing each flag and banner. Choose from a variety of elegant colors to make your design truly beautiful! What motivates the cost is the complexity of the design. Appliqué flags are best used for inside where they will be seen close up. They can be used outside also but will last only as long as the screen printed flags below. In most cases for what it would cost for 3 appliqué flags, you could purchase 12 screen printed flags if outdoor use is needed. Production time for Appliqué flags is 10 - 15 days.
Screen printed flags and banners are a time honored tradition here at NorthStar. We can reproduce practically any design using a virtually unlimited number of colors. Our highly skilled ink personnel are able to match Pantone colors in order to accurately print your logo or design.Production time for Screen Printed Flags is 10 to 15 business days.
Quoted Screen Printed prices will meet the following 6 specifications:
1) Custom Flags are single reverse - The image reads correctly on one side with about an 80% show thru of the reverse image on back. 98% of all flags are made this way, and they are perfect for outdoor use. Double-sided flags work best in high winds. Because each is essentially 3 flags sewn together(2 fabric panels with the image printed on each and a liner sewn in between to prevent show thru) they're heavy and require strong winds to fly properly.
2)Your custom flag is being printed on the Highest Quality 200 Denier Solarmax Protected ( Solarmax helps resist sun & chemical deterioration) nylon flag. The material is available in white and and other colors. Choosing a dark colored material for your flag will increase the cost. Each color you print on a dark colored flag will count as 2. The reason is that on a white flag when an image is printed, the ink penetrates the fabric giving the reverse image on the back. On darker flags the ink will not penetrate the fabric so a reverse image must be printed on the back, so twice as much ink is needed. If you prefer your image to be printed on a dark color flag, we have nylon available in over 80 amazing colors!
3) Each custom flag or banner is a Grommeted flag unless it is a hand held flag. For a pole sleeve and hem, please call for pricing. A Grommeted flag will stand the test of time better.
4) All pricing you receive for custom flags are for exact quantities. It is standard practice with most companies in the flag & banner industry to have quantity variances. They attribute these variances to over-production or waste that may occur when producing your flag or banner. In layman's terms what this means is, there is always more produced than what you ordered and you are obligated to pay for it. With NorthStar, ALL pricing is for exact quantities. We never produce more than what you order. If you order 12, we will only print 12, and you will only pay for 12.
5) We have received the usable artwork. See above icon for artwork requirements.
6) Set-up charges apply to screen printed custom flags - Set-up charges are for the creation of screens for your image. For each color in a design, a separate screen must be created. Set-up charges are good for 2 years. If you re-order within 2 years the fee is waived for another 2 years from the date of re-order. Ideally, if ordering every 2 years, you would only incur this fee once.
Read what past customers had to say about about NorthStar Flags